I don’t cook often, but when I do, it’s usually the most uncomplicated, non-headache producing meals around. We stan a simple, savory meal that requires minimal effort. Fajitas are one of them – shoutout Mexico. Here’s my favorite basic bitch recipe for a chicken fajita filling:
- 1 boneless chicken breast, skin removed & chopped
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 x 1/4 bell pepper (one of each color), chopped
- 1 tbsp salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper & curry powder
- olive oil (you can take the girl out of the Mediterranean…)
- Medium heat. Drizzle a large frying pan with olive oil, let it warm up for a minute then throw in your garlic & onions. Let them cook until they’ve softened.
- In the meantime, throw your chicken breast in a bowl and add in your salt, pepper & spices. Drizzle a little olive oil on top and mix them together. (You should probably let this marinate, best way is to leave it overnight, but if you’re like me and typically cook on a whim, then this will do).
- Add the chopped bell peppers to your onions & garlic and let them cook for a while, once they’ve softened, add salt and pepper for good measure.
- Finally, add your chicken breast to the pan and cook thoroughly.
You can add lettuce, sour cream, cheese, salsa etc to your fajita. You can substitute the chicken for beef or even use a vegan/vegetarian substitute. You can also add some fries & sauce and turn it into a french taco. The best thing about this is it takes roughly 30 minutes to make and you can do whatever you want with it. No headaches, no complications. Enjoy!